Deep in the Venezuelan rainforest and the national park Henry Pittier, near the town of Marracay, is the research station of Rancho Grande. Rancho Grande was originally a hotel project set up by dictator Gomez (in office 1908-1913), who later, moved by the plea of his friend Henry Pittier, turned the large hotel into study center for botanists, veterinarians and foreign researchers.
This picture was taken from the hotel roof, on which the station was build. The rest of the hotel, three full floors, was build but never furnished, and never used by anything else than ghosts and bats.
Update: the birds making these nests are called conotos in Spanish.